Sunday, October 21, 2012

Kate - Guarani Indian

A few weeks ago we had a visit with Kate's birth mother and birth grandfather.  While the birth mother played with Kate, I spoke with the birth grandfather.  He told us more details about Kate's birth mother, who was adopted, herself, out of Paraguay as a baby.  She is 100% Guarani Indian.  We knew she was native Paraguayan, but we didn't know what that officially is.

So, Kate is 1/2 Guarani Indian.  For the next several days I asked Kate, "Are you a Guarani Indian?" and she'd EMPHATICALLY shake her head no, as if she knew what I was asking her.  Then she stopped doing it.  It was so funny, like she didn't want to acknowledge her background!  But she just stopped doing it, and I wished I'd recorded it.

A few days ago in the car, I tried it again and recorded with my phone just in case.  Here's what I got.  You may not think it's funny, but this is my blog and I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment