Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New Kids On The Block

Kate has been saying "Ewwwwwwwwwwwww" and "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" a lot lately, and the other day I found myself singing to her:

Oh, oh, oh, oh, ohOh, oh, oh, oh
She smiled and tried to copy me so I kept going:
Oh, oh, oh, oh, ohThe right stuff

She loved it!  You must know that I don't sing in front of people.  Kelley wasn't home, and yes, Kate is a person, but she doesn't count!   She doesn't care how bad I sound and she smiles, claps, and tries her best to sing along.
The next night I did it after I fed her and she started bouncing in her high chair.  So I plugged my iPod into the sound system and played the real song for her.  She danced the entire time, sort of bobbing up and down.  
Here's the video to the song (the year was 1989).  Sorry, there's a 15 second advertisement.  And I'm not embarrassed to say that I owned the tape "Hangin' Tough."  And I have a few of their songs on my iPod.  And Backstreet Boys.  And NSYNC.  And 98 Degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment